Doing The 4R's
REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, & ROT
Doing the 4Rs is a motivating and informative video designed for 4th and 5th grade students. Kids from Alameda County show how they practice the 4Rs - Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Rot (compost) at home, school and play.
Stay At Home Activities!
- Go on a scavenger hunt in your house Humans Use Natural Resources
- Keep track of the waste you generate at home Personal Solid Waste Inventory
- Grow a Garden from your garbage COMPOST-ory Cubes
a. To learn more about composting visit our website at https://www.smcsustainability.org/waste-reduction/composting/
- Play a fun online sorting game to help with sorting waste at home on the Rethink Waste website
- Play some recycling games on the SMC Office of Sustainability website
- Join the annual Trash to Art Contest! Please click on the link for rules and guidelines, submissions due May 8th
"Live simply and you live free."
Rob is known by many as "The Trash Man" for his month long project wherein he consumed like the average American and wore all the trash he created. The purpose of the project was to create a shocking visual of how much garbage just one person generates. Watch the video! 30 Days of Wearing my Trash.